James L. Seay, III
- Seay Law Firm, PLLC
- Attorney & Member
- P: (910) 763-2525
- F: (910) 251-7878
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seay Law Firm, PLLC
- Attn: James L. Seay, III
- 519 Market Street
- Wilmington, NC, 28401
James L. Seay, III.
James takes pride in helping his clients solve their legal problems intelligently and efficiently. His practice focuses on real estate transactions & disputes, wills & estate planning, business and corporate law, civil litigation (along with sometimes helping clients avoid civil litigation), and estate administration. James is proud to serve as a court appointed guardian ad litem in incompetency and guardianship proceedings before the clerk of court.
James graduated number two in his class, magna cum laude, at Campbell School of Law in 2015. While in law school, James earned numerous book awards for earning the highest grades in his class in a wide spectrum of courses and subjects that are listed below. He also interned with Justice Newby at the Supreme Court of North Carolina. Upon graduation, James started his legal career as a member at Seay Law Firm, PLLC, working alongside his father, Jim Seay.
Raised in Wilmington, James attended John T. Hoggard High School and graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2012.
Prior to graduating from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, James honorably served his country in the United States Army as a forward observer (13 foxtrot) in the United States Cavalry from 2006 to 2010, taking part in many combat missions during Operation Iraqi Freedom. While serving, he earned several awards and decorations that are listed below.
When James is not assisting his clients, he enjoys spending time with his family and going to the beach.
- J.D., Campbell University School of Law, 2015, magna cum laude
- Campbell Law Review, Board of Editors, Chief Submissions Editor
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Wilmington, 2012
- Advanced Real Property | Civil Procedure I | Civil Procedure II | Complex Litigation | Constitutional Law II | Contracts I | Contract Planning | Criminal Law | Evidence | Professional Responsibility & Ethics | Public School Law Litigation | Torts II | Trial Advocacy | Wills & Trusts
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Estate Planning Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Graebe Hanna Sullivan, PLLC | pro bono intern
- Mast Law Firm | summer associate & law clerk
- The Honorable Justice Newby | North Carolina Supreme Court | extern
- Professor Lisa Lukasik | Campbell University | research assistant
- Seay Law Firm | law clerk and bookkeeper
Military Honors, Awards & Decorations:
- Iraq Campaign Medal with Two Campaign Stars | Order of the Spur | Combat Patch with 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment | Army Commendation Medal | Army Achievement Medal | National Defense Service Medal | Global War on Terrorism Service Medal | Army Service Ribbon | Overseas Service Ribbon
- James L. Seay, III, Salvaging the North Carolina Teacher Cyberbullying Statute, 37 CAMPBELL L REV. 391 (2015). Available here, courtesy of the Campbell Law Review.
- James believes that every person should have access to justice, regardless of status or wealth. On a pro bono basis, James represents disadvantaged clients referred to him by Legal Aid of North Carolina in cases involving landlord/tenant disputes and other matters.